Food and Loathing Restaurant Guide -- Ep 4: All You Can Eat

Jason, Rich and I kick off the show at Mint Indian Bistro on Durango Drive, where we enjoyed some dishes from their lunch buffet, and spoke with owner Kris Parikh. But before getting to that, Jason and I had our usual rundown of our recent meals.

I shared my experiences at the boozy Upside Down Tea Party at The ShagRoom in Virgin Las Vegas.

Jason told us about a trip to EDO Tapas, where he interviewed managing partner Roberto Liendo.

I told about my experience sabering a bottle of Champagne during March Bacchus’ Bastille Day .

I played a bit of my interview with Jing chef Tom Griese, recorded at the debut of the Downtown Summerlin restaurant's Monday Industry Night.


We then sampled that Mint buffet, as Rich rolled the “tape” of our pre-recorded second segment.



The centerpiece of this show, was a discussion of the past, present and future of the Las Vegas buffet, with chefs Jennifer Murphy of Caesars Palace’s Bacchanal Buffet and Jason Duarte of The Buffet at Wynn.

Much of our final segment was dedicated to testing Jason’s endurance for super-spicy foods. (He proved to have an asbestos palate.) But we also shared some news on a couple of tasty places.

I played an interview with one of the owners of Taqueria Ktrina in Pawn Star Rick Harrison's Pawn Plaza, promoting their Grand Opening celebration.



While reporting on the closure of Costa de Mare in Wynn, I shared the news that Chef Mark LoRusso was headed to SW Steakhouse.

We also shared our obnoxious opinions on the restaurant winners in Las Vegas Weekly’s Best Of 2021 issue.  But I also made it a point to encourage you all to read their full list of winners. And I’m doing that once again.

Popular posts from this blog

12 Great Mexican Restaurants for celebrating Cinco de Mayo in Las Vegas

Buddy V bringing TWO new concepts to The LINQ

Esther's expansion, French bistro & Italian grocery -- James Trees has big plans for The Arts Distrcit